Saturday, October 6, 2018

Smooshing

Howdy Crafters ~ It is World Cardmaking Day - I have a technique I learned call Smooshing.

I took a sheet of Home-made Parchment Paper [I created using Orange Food Coloring- printer paper and my oven]

I dabbed Walnut Stain & Rusty Hinge Distress ink on my mat - squirted a small amount of water - swirled my paper through it

Then I took my Joy Clair pumpkin stamp and stamped in the ink+water and stamped on my paper - you can see one of the pumpkins to the left lower hand corner of the paper. There are more but not showing well in my photo.

I used my heat gun to dry the paper

I placed the paper in my Misit and Stamped The Pumpkin, Sentiment [both Joy Clair] and leaf [Fred She Said] on my paper.

I used Lawn Fawn Rectangle Die cut for the paper and for my cardstock Recollection black and white striped.  I adhered the orange paper to the mat with my ATG

Inspired to create by these challenges:

October Joy Clair WCMD Smooshing with Kerry and Friends  UE

October CHN Patterned Paper Challenge UE
October Just Keep on Creating AG UE


October Catch the Bug AG #3
October SS WCMD UE









October Joy Clair Photo Inspired Challenge UE

October STAMPLorations Theme and/or Sketch - must use stamps 2 of 6


4 comments:

  1. It looks fab, thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts PP Challenge this month, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Gail! Love the black stripes at the top and bottom. Isn't ink smooshing fun?! I love doing ink smooshing. Love how you made your paper as well. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card looks great with the smooshed background, love it.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at

    the October 2018 Anything goes link-up at Just Keep On Creating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting technique the parchment paper and food coloring. I have never tried this before but it sounds cool. Great card for WCD! Love your autumn theme. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations theme and sketch challenge. Jerrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.