Thursday, November 8, 2012

Taking a Risk!

Thank you for dropping by my blog today - I am honored you came to visit. I hope your week is going terrific - no matter what troubles occur - if you have Jesus in your life - you always get through them. God Bless you ~ Gail ~
This morning I decided to try out a new painting technique I found on Speedy TV  Watercoloring with Markers. I will admit - I am not artist! The artistic talents in my family are my mom, my sister Jane and my granddaughter Taylor - who is a great artist at the age of 13.  
Never-the-less, I decided to take a risk today on trying out this new technique! After all, what did I have to lose - a piece of cardstock? LOL!  I like how my card turned out - and I think my card looks better in person than in this picture! Photographs, in my opinion, sometimes never really capture the true look of a card/project and then sometimes they are astonishing! Here is what I created today.
RECIPE for Falling Leaves Card
White cardstock from Sam's club 
Pre-made white card size A2 Joann's Essentials
Cuttlebug Embossing folder Leafy Branch - run through the Cuttlebug of course
Artistic Loft 100 Markers Set (I just purchased these with a 50% off coupon from Michaels -don't ya love a deal! )
Thinking of You~ Hero Stamp - I first stamped it on the card in green ink - but it did not show - so I traced it with my Micron black ink pen - which I think gave it a pop!
Powder-Puff Green with Envy chalk ink to distress around the card 
I sprayed the card with Liquid Pearls by Ranger 
Challenges
The Cuttlebug Spot - Leaves, Fall - must use the Cuttlebug (Thank you Melissa for directing me to this site - you are a blessing to me!)
Word Art Wednesday (one of my favorite blogs!) - must use an uplifting message/scripture-(5E) - #4
Simon Says - Sympathy/Thinking of you - unlimited
Tammy's Scrapin Corner - Anything fall - 2E (#2)
Wags and Whiskers - Fall Colors 
Crafty Creations - no flowers 
Paper Take Weekly - anything goes

13 comments:

  1. I really like this - the texture is awesome. I give you a BIG pat on the back for even trying new techniques. I am SO bad about that. Good for you, Gail! And how lucky are we to have you share your gorgeous art with us at Word Art Wednesday. THanks for sharing sp graciously. I appreciate it more than you can know.
    Have a blessed week,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours. Great design and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Tammys Scrapin Corner. Good luck. Hugs Desíre {Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member} {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail, those leaves are too beautiful to fall to the ground. The embossing and coloring is really lovely to look upon. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Yes I love a good deal, we used our 50% off coupons at Michaels this morning. I got a versamark pen and I'm quite excited. I thought you had the best handwriting but for tracing over the sentiment, it was well done. Thank you again for sharing with us at WAW.
    Blessings,
    Carole B
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect card for this time of year, and it's always fun learning something new! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never done watercoloring with pictures. This is fantastic. I love this card.
    Thank you for your entry this week. Remember to be chosen for a prize you must be a follower of the challenge blog. Please come back next week.
    Hugs
    Tammy Ortiz
    Founder of
    Tammy Scrapin Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the effect of water coloring with the markers. I haven't tried that yet. Thanks so much for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin' Corner this week.

    Diane
    Tammy's Scrapin' Corner DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so glad you like our blog and your card is really beautiful!

    Thank you so much for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot!

    Cuttlebugs & Hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!!! Love those leaves!! Fantastic!! Thanks for playing along with us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner!! Good luck :) Hope to see you again next week too!!

    - Susan, DT @ Tammy's Scrapin Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. I'm really happy that you tried it out because it really turned out gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining us as Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the falling leaves and love how you have used watercolors too. Thank yolu for joining us at tammys Scrspin Corner this week. Abbie DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card, love the texture. Thanks for playing along with the Thinking of You/Sympathy challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gail, your card is beautiful!!! Love the texture and the coloring on the leaves. Thanks so much for sharing this and your other cards with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a unique design...Love how you painted over the embossing. Terrific job! Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday. God bless, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.