Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pastel

Thank you for dropping by today - I was honored you took time to come by to my blog. Have a great week and come again. ~ Gail~
Today I attempted to create a pastel Christmas card.  I had to look at some examples on the 2 Sisters site to get an idea of this type of creation. My picture is showing my tree much darker than what the cardstock is and other than the red cardinal bird - the green and pink are pastels - and my tree is much lighter in person. I tried to make some adjustments to the color in my software program, but this is what it shows.
RECIPE
Colorbox pink and green pastel cardstock
Recollection light brown cardstock & red
Ruban Pink ribbon
Recollection Pearls
MS green ink for the clear stamp on the pink cardstock
Spellbinders bird die cut
EK Real Estate Punch
Marks Finest Paper & Stamps - Christmas Wishes Sentiment
Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder
Challenges
2-Sisters Challenge Blog - pastels
Simple Salutations Challenge # 18 - Winter Bird
Paper Take Weekly - anything goes
Just Keep on Creating - Christmas - ends December 1

4 comments:

  1. Like your Winter Bird card. Especially like the embossed background. FYI for photographing colors pastel like this I use a dark background prop and set my camera to 'night' option and the flash gives a nice representation of the colors. I have a Canon T3i so not sure if you have the same option on your camera. Thanks for entering Mark's Finest Papers Simple Salutations Ch#18 Winter Bird.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    MFP Simple Salutations Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby is the camera buff - I will have to ask him about this - possibly he can help me out when it comes to cards like this -thanks so much for the advice! It is greatly appreciate! I need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute card fab detail thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the soft pastel embossed background and pretty design. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters this week. Good Luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.