Saturday, March 24, 2018

Christmas Chap Stick Card

Howdy Crafters ~ I was inspired to create this card by Debbie Fisher and after watching a video on You Tube.  Click HERE for the Video using MFT die cut/plastic holder.

MFT has a die one can order for the opening for the Chap Stick, as well as plastic holders to insert into the card that hold the Chap Stick.
However, I do not have the die nor the hard plastic Chap Stick holder. Therefore, I decided to see if I could create a card using Cellophane and supplies I have in my craft room.

TaDa! I am loving my Seal card.
I have a picture tutorial in this posting if you would like to make one. Have a blessed day and thank you for stopping by, Gail











TUTORIAL
1. At first I fussy cut an opening with scissors after I guess traced around the Chap Stick on cardstock. Once I figured out the size in which the Chap Stick would fit snug, I decided to try the SU Punch to create a cleaner opening.  Simply draw a template FIRST [see photo]- then use the punch to make the opening - save that template for future Chap Stick creations [if you do not have the SU punch you can still fussy cut with scissors or a craft knife.]











The SU Punch worked better for me. I traced my first opening from the template onto blue cardstock - then used my SU Punch to make the opening.[Test and trial - this worked best]
The Stampin Up punch opening is smaller than what is needed for the Chap Stick to fit through the opening, so several punches have to be made to get the complete cut.












The Next photo shows what the Chap Sticks looks like in the back of the panel. I will be trimming the Cellophane and taping it in place so that the Chap Stick is opened in the back - The Cellophane will be snug and only be visible on the front of the panel - DO NOT COVER the CHAP STICK back if you plan on using the MFT Zip Strip Die that I used on this card[see Next photo]  Note: I removed the Chap Stick for the next step and then inserted the Chap Stick AFTER I finished cutting my Zip Strip Die since I needed the opening on the Front of the Card to trace where I planned to put the zip strip inside the card.













The photo below shows I traced the opening from the front panel of my card to the  inside of the card base so I could do a Zip Die cut. When this strip is unzipped the recipient can remove the Chap Stick.  NOTE: Make sure the Front Panel opening and the inside where the zip strip die is going to be place are matching. [The zip strip die is a big longer but that is OK - just be sure the chap stick can be removed once this strip is unzipped - meaning your openings are matching up.]















This Photo below shows the card base where the zip die has been completed. On top of the Card base is the front panel showing the back where I have taped down the cellophane with Scotch Tape and added score tape strips around the back of the card base. Notice I also added two strips of score tape above and below the zip strip die cut. After removing the score tape, carefully position the openings and press down on the all areas to get a good seal of the adhesive. The Front of the Card is being adhered to the card base in this Step.














This Photo shows my top panel [front of the card] before it was decorated. I forgot to take a photo of this panel adhered to the card base - but you can see that in my finished card in the next photo, as well as how I finished added my embellishments to the card.















This is my Finished Card - I prefer my cards to open from the side - rather than to have the crease at the top and open from the bottom up. I feel this gives more stability to a card that will be sitting on a flat surface [especially one that has a Chap Stick attached.]  Thank you for stopping by - I hope you my directions are clear and that you will want to make a Chap Stick card.

Other Supplies:
Blue Lagoon Distress Ink was used for the back with water drops - heat gun
Poppy Stamps Landscape Die for the Snow
Lawn Fawn Critter in the Arctic - Seal and Ice Stamp and Dies - The Ice is Distressed ink piece left over from another panel - the Seal was stamped on Gray Cardstock with Versafine Ink - Misti - Scotch Foam Tape behind the Seal
Spellbinders Circle Die - Cuttlebug and Sentiment Circle Stamp and Snowflake on Patterned Cardstock - Scotch White Glue and ATG - Scotch Tape, Score Tape
Kirkland - Stretch-tite cellophane

It would be an honor to share with:
March CHN Patterned Paper [on the sentiment circle die]
SS Facebook National Craft Month 
SS National Craft Month
CHN Weekly Christmas Challenge 
Cardz TV AG #3
QKR Stampede #288 AG #3
Jo's Scrap Shack AG #3

HIMCR Any Holiday
Winner-Hiding

10 comments:

  1. BRILLIANT, love how you have done this, what great creativeness. Thank you for the great tutorial.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job my friend and thanks for the tutorial....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, your card is cute and such a thoughtful little gift. Love your ingenuity in creating the process and product you need.
    Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the creative use that allows for the chap stick. In cold weather I always have a chap stick or other such type of lip balm handy.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks complicated but thanks for explaining and showing photos! Love this wintery card! Thanks for participating in #345 at HIMCR! Becca~DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way of presenting a little gift. Thank you for sharing with us at QKR Stampede.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love this card and the adorable placement holder for the chapstick! What a great little gift to give in a form of a card! Lovely thinking!
    Thank you so much for joining us this week in our FFC and hope that you have a beautiful, blessed Easter/Passover holiday! Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant idea! Great tutorial. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.