Saturday, March 24, 2018

Carson's Card

Howdy Crafters - I found this maize game piece from SU in my crafting room [actually I have several packages] and thought how much fun my grandson would have with this game on his Easter Card. 

I added a Chocolate Bunny [Poppy Stamps] die cut,  but just had to add this cute Dino by Beccy as well.  I needed a boy ~ Masculine Easter Card. [I will write my Easter message inside]

The Blue stamping inside reads: Strong, Brave, Man of Courage, & Carson. These are stamps I ordered from Regina Easter at the Cutting Cafe and what I like to say to my grandsons as encouragement in their life. My Misti was used to place the stamps on the circle insert for stamping. BTW - the circle insert that comes with the game can be removed and replaced with a patterned paper or other paper of your choice - just cut to fit.

I used Spellbinders Rectangle Die for the patterned cardstock and white layer on the cardstock base and a Spellbinders Circle Die Cut for the opening for the maize game piece. Love my Cuttlebug Die Cutting Machine.  The Dino was cut on my Portrait Die Cutting machine after I made it into a Print N Cut.  Thank you for stopping by - Happy Easter ~ Gail ~

I was inspired to create by these challenges:
#144 Cut It Up - Easter 1E
SS Facebook National Craft Month
SS National Craft Month

CHN Patterned Paper
March Beccy's Place UE with her image
Cute Card Thursday - #522 Easter
March Stamplorations  All About Spring and Faith - UE




10 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so cute! I used to love those little games as a kid, and I'm sure your grandson will have lots of fun with this card.

    Thanks for sharing your creation with us for our Easter challenge at Cut it Up! and Happy Easter!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super fun idea - a game piece on your grandsons card! He's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL a fun Easter card, which will be loved I'm sure.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! This is a great card! I was wondering, how were you able to keep the maze in the card? Without it falling out of the front? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Casey - there is a LIP around the maze game piece - my circle cut fits snug against the lip - therefore, it stays in place.

      Delete
  5. Super cute idea!
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge!
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the addition of the maze game Gail, what a great idea! I used to have lots of these little things but I don't know what ever happened to them. For that matter, I don't even know where they came from.
    I'm sure Carson is going to love his personalised Easter card, complete with fun gift. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These Mazes are from Stampin Up - I have a ton of them!

      Delete
  7. Oh this is just so much fun! Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Easter challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.