Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hot Cocoa & Mocha Recipe

Welcome to my blog. Thank you for stopping by I am honored! I hope you will come by again to visit. My morning hot Mocha (homemade recipe below) was the inspiration for this card." 
Top 3 at Pause, Dream, Enjoy

RECIPE
Kraft cardstock for the card mat
Pre-made white card size A2 - Joann's Essentials
Color Bok - black & white card stock
Sledding Embossing folder - Cuttlebug
Cricut Cartridge - Sesame Street Seasons - page 67 (mug cut at 4" in my Cricut using my Gypsy)
I made the white marshmallows out of white cardstock (for a Mocha card- leave off the marshmallows - LOL)
Action Wobble
CHALLENGES
Pause, Dream, Enjoy - Food and/or Beverage
Action Wobble - Food (I am hoping my marshmallows count as food, if not, that is OK - the card was fun to make)
Cupcake Craft Challenge -get Krafty
Paper Take Weekly - anything goes
Just Keep on Creating - Christmas - ends December 1
My Homemade Hot Mocha Recipe
Hot coffee of your choice (regular or decaf) - zero calories
Blue Diamond Almond Milk Vanilla or Unsweetened (40 calories a cup)
Hershey's Cocoa - 1 Tablespoon (10 calories)
Stevia in the Raw (to tastes - I use about 3 teaspoons) - zero calories

DIRECTIONS:
On the stove-top pour in a saucepan one cup of milk and add 1 Tablespoon of Hershey's Cocoa (or other low calorie brand cocoa) - turn on stove to medium heat
Stir to dissolve cocoa and heat until steamed
Remove sauce pan from stove and add one cup of hot coffee
Add Stevia  - stir

Pour mixture into a 2 cup thermos - add more coffee to fill thermos - if there is room in the thermos
Take the thermos and your favorite empty coffee mug to your craft~room - pour a cup of delicious homemade mocha into your favorite coffee mug and enjoy while crafting.
Calorie count for 2 cups (or contents of thermos) = 50 calories

For Hot Cocoa - do not add coffee - add marshmallows

Optional, but additional calorie - add whipped cream or Redi-Whip and shaved chocolate from a 85-90% Chocolate bar on top of whipped cream as an extra treat. Don't forget to count those calories.  I have also used Chocolate liquid Stevia drops as well- experiment and see what works best for your.

This recipe is as good or better than the high priced Cafe' Mocha's on the market.  At least, my Daughter-in-Law Michelle and I think so.

Hint: I make at least one quart of Mocha mix (without adding the Stevia) on the stove - pour it in a quart glass canning jar, let cool, store in the refrigerator, then use this mixture throughout the week by re-heating and add my hot coffee and Stevia. My Mocha is basically half hot cocoa and half coffee with Stevia.

7 comments:

  1. Darling card! Love the embossing! Thanks for the recipe! I am not a coffee drinker but this looks good.
    Have a great day!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail! As soon as I saw this card, it made me smile. It is too cute! I could have sworn I smelled warm chocolate too...

    I look forward to getting to know you and seeing what you create for TOFCC.

    ♥ Laura C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your beverage card. I had a Latte for the first time this past wk when I tried a Pumpkin Spiced Latte at StarBucks. I've used foam adhesive for marshmallows before. Thanks for entering Pause Dream Enjoy Food & Beverage challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    PDE DT Group B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card :) Thanks for playing along with Cupcake and good luck - Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my what an awesome card. Love the choice of embossing used to compliment the hot chocolate cuts. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us at PDE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! love your embossing also. I usually forgot to add that touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card and your recipe sounds delicious! Thanks so much for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy challenges!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.