Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Slider Card

Front of Card
Card Opened
Slider cards are a lot of fun to make. This is my first pop-up slider card and I know I will be making more in the future! I love this type of card - such fun! I found the direction HERE. Dawn is a great teacher and has many videos on You Tube - I will take some time in the next couple of weeks and learn some more from Dawn.  Thank you Dawn for teaching me how to do a slider card.

What you need to make this slider card: (Get directions from Dawn)
1. Card-stock - plain or printed for the front
2. Card-stock - plain for the inside to put your stamp or draw a picture, write your sentiment, etc. (I stamped BOO! on the inside using Friskers alphabet stamps and then I drew the spider/spider web free-style. I am not artist but it turned out OK. I wrote Happy Halloween on the green slider tab at the top, using a Micron 01 black Ink Pen)
3. Card-stock - white for the back of the card
4. Small eyelet and Crop A Dile for the tag (Dawn used a staple and stapler)
5. Tag at the top of the slider insert - Dawn used a ribbon. I made this tag from a sheet of card-stock that had this banner pattern on it- DCWV Ghost & Goblins
6. Circle punch used at the top of the front and back card-stock

I entered this card in these challenges:
1. Simon Says - Anything Goes
2. MCC - Challenge #1 - The ghoul's times
You have until the 31st of October to enter cards at MCC - Nana would love to have you join in the fun!

Why don't you pop on over to these sites and enter your projects/cards?

Thank you for stopping by ~ Have a great day! ~ Gail ~


2 comments:

  1. Wow the card turned out beautifully. I love to watch Dawns videos. I will have to give this card a try. I love the colors the pull out is too cute.

    Thanks sweetie for joining us over at
    MCC Challenge #1 - The gh'oul times! .
    .

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    PS.. I don;t see a place on here to contact you can you please email me I wanted to discuss something wit you. Link to my email is above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is super cute thanks for joining us at mcc challenge with nana and rhonda.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.