Friday, October 26, 2012

Peace & Brick Wall

Faux Brick Technique
Oh Wow! I learned a new technique today! Faux Brick. I made this Faux brick wall mat for the front of my card. I found a nice Country Cottage home digital stamp in my collection to use on this card. Doesn't this cottage look like a peaceful place to live? I think so. I am sure I will be making more of these brick mats for future projects - it was simple to do and believe me, I like simple! LOL
Go to Speedy TV for tutorial - my link did not work for some reason - go figure.
Recipe
One brick background for the mat on front of card
Country Cottage Digital stamp - compliments of Free Paper Printables
Peace scripture - compliments of Dee's Bugaboo Boutique
Pop up tape by Forever in time
MS brown ink for the scripture
Real-Estate punch by EK for the scripture
I printed and cut the country cottage twice and put pop-up tape behind the top layer for a 3-D effect. I also put pop up tape behind the Peace Scripture
Entered in
Stampin Sisters in Christ - peace or calm
Speedy TV - tutorial time - Faux Brick technique
Just Keep on Creating - anything goes 
Brown Sugar - anything goes (#2) 2E only
Thank you for dropping by ~ have a blessed week! ~ Gail ~

15 comments:

  1. Great card! I'm so glad you were able to join us this week at Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail you did a fab job on the brick, a perfect bg for the lovely cottage! So glad you joined us this week at TT at Speedy TV :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very pretty card Gail. Thanks for visiting my blog this last week and all your sweet comments. Thanks also for playing at TTSTV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, What a wonderful card! Your brick turned out perfect and works great as a BG for your pretty image! Thanks for joining us at Tutorial Time on SPeedyTV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, Thanks for joining us on Brown Sugar this week Hugs Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the technique! Your card is lovely. Thanks for joining us at TTSTV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great image. Thanks for joining TTSTV

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card, Thank you for playing along with us this week at Brown Sugar in the "Anything Goes" challenge! We hope you decide to play along with us again!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your faux brick turned out really great. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it is on my to do list. Thanks for sharing with the SSIC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful faux brick. The image is colored so nicely. Thanks for joining us at TTSTV!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card...thanks for joining Brown Sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card! Love the color you did! Thanks for playing along with us at Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV.

    ReplyDelete
  13. really like your card...thanks for play'n along with us at TTOSTV

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.