Saturday, January 16, 2021

Tribute to My Mom

My sweet mother, Gladys Castle, went home to be with Jesus on Wednesday, January 13, 2021.  During this time of Covid is a difficult time for loss. Mom and I  had our last conversation per phone on Dec 20, 2020.  Mom was 89 and lived a productive life. A huge thank you to my sister Linda who cared for mom in her home for over a year.  Thank you for stopping by.

 My Mom [in front wearing the black Pants and Jacket]

People in Photo:  On the Left: Mom, behind mom is her only sister, my Aunt Betty who died 2 years ago at the age of 90.  Behind Aunt Betty is the oldest sister Linda.  On the Right  in front is youngest sister Kathy, next is Jane, and wearing the Buffalo Plaid shirt is me [Gail]-- not in this picture, my sister Diana, and 2 brothers Bill and Gregg.  My dad, George William Castle,  died in 1980 at the age of 52.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful bunch of ladies. Wish I knew you all.

    I leave Thursday to go visit my own Mom. Perhaps it will be my last time to see her this side of heaven; she also is doing poorly. I write with tears in my eyes, but it's okay; like your Mom, she's going home to a loving Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry about your mom Jenni - it is difficult but the Lord will see us through - have a nice day and thanks for your comment

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry about your Mom, Gail. Having not been able to see her these past months must have been so troubling. Thank you for sharing this photo. What a lovely family you have, and your Mom was a beautiful lady. I know your faith is strong, and the God of all comfort is always there. I just prayed for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by - thanks for you lovely comment -have a blessed week.

      Delete
  3. OH! Gail I'm so sorry, losing a mother is dreadful at any age, however with the many memories you have of her, it must be so hard for you and the family. Your Mum looks lovely and to bring so many of you up, it must have been hard for her and your Dad. I'm glad to hear she had a productive life. She will now go to Peace.
    Keep safe
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Condolences & prayers. Mailed you a Sympathy card.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.