Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Mixed Media Journal

Howdy Crafters -  I am so excited to learn how to do this style of Mixed Media for my Journal covers.  I watched a video by Pete Hughes from the UK to create the cover.

Recipe:
1. Vagabond2 - Sizzix EH Notebook die
2. Chipboard for cover
3. Burgundy Textured Cardstock for inside Journal
4. Sizzix EH Passport Journal Pages
5. Black Stretchy Cording
6. TH Metal 57 with brads
7. TH Discover Metal with cording used as closure
8. Gold Eyelets on the spine - I used WRMK eyelet punch to make the holes and secure the Eyelets
9. Two SIGNATURE pages inside [EH Passport die for pages used for signature covers and page inserts] - there are 8 full page inserts in each signature cover

How I made TEXTURED Cover
I applied White Textured Paste on the cover - I let it dry
I added Black Acrylic Paint to Clear Gesso - stirred and brushed on top of the textured paint
I let it dry.
I used Metallic Green and Blue Paint - applied with a sponge
I let it dry
I used a TH Honeycomb STENCIL with white acrylic paint on a sponge to apply to the cover
I used 2 rubber stamps - Clock and pointing finger with Versafine Black Ink and stamped
I use TH Metal 57 Embellishment with Brads to attach to the cover [then I added the Burgundy Textured cardstock inside the covers - front, back and spine

Here is a link to video if you wish to view - CLICK HERE 

Photos of my Mixed Media Journal
pointing hand stamp is in the center of the journal pointing to Discovers Metal closure and the clock stamp is in the lower left side - both faint - following Jack H on what he did in the video
Prepped Cover before Stencil or Stamping, etc
Side view of Journal showing spine and cording

Inside covers with cording added for signature pages
2 Signature Covers
Stamped pages and inside cover
Stamped pages and inside cover


I would like to share my Mixed Media Journal with:

June ARTplorations  Mixed Media Challenge - must use a stencil UE - any products- Honeycomb Stencil
June - CHN Patterned Paper  UE
June 3 Amigos Things with Wings- butterfly, birds, and bee stamps in my Journal
Facebook  EH Fan Club
Wednesday WAW AG #1
Wednesday Scrapyland - #116 AG with brand Scrapyland sells [Sizzix] 1/5
June Mini Album Makers Challenge

Wednesday Double D - Pick a Pattern -#1 Honeycomb patterned stencil


11 comments:

  1. This is awesome Gail! Oh yes, I spotted the white circle stenciling on the cover and think it qualifies beautifully! Great project! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pick A Pattern’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! And super cool. I know you've said that you have a lot of fun doing the mixed media journals. Great job, and thanks SO much for sharing in our challenge.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous! I love all the texture, it's simply wonderful. Great take on the challenge, such a beautiful creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work Gail...I too love this kind of mixed media :D You might like to check out Brenda Brown http://www.bumblebeesandbutterflies.com/ . She shares some amazing techniques on her blog :D Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's PPC XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your honeycomb stenciling!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this looks amazing! Love your mixed media project. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge #116. We hope to see more of your wonderful projects in the future :-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a awesome project! The stenciling really looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always so rewarding when we discover a new technique and can transform what we have learnt into a masterpiece. A fabulous mixed media cover and I love those useful signatures. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the Mini Album Makers Challenge.
    Creative wishes Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the texture - thanks for joining us this month at the STAMPlorations TAGplorations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gail, you rocked this one!!! love it! Thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.