Tuesday, January 29, 2019

DIY Crafting Mat

Howdy Crafters ~ I found a way to make my own Crafting mat - contact paper and poster board were purchased at the Dollar Tree - 5 packages of Poster board Sheets - and one roll of Contact paper - meaning, more crafting mats can be created in the future if you need a replacement.

I did watch several videos on line - one used freezer paper - I made one mat using Freezer paper, but prefer the Contact paper!!

Inks wipe off with a baby wipe or rag & water.  So far this mat it is working for me!

I taped my mat to my crafting table with painters tape to keep it from moving.

I used Elmers School glue stick to adhere to poster board. I cut the contact paper to make sure I had a border to glue to the back - I mitered my corners before gluing the contact paper to the back

HINT: A ruler and Black Sharpie Marker can be used to add Grid lines to your mat before covering it with the contact paper -  Or you can decorate your mat with stamping and such before adding the contact paper.  I was good with a plain mat.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

Here are the photos:
My Finished Crafting mat - 11 inches by 14 inches
Clear Contact Paper and Poster board pack

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Gail! You did an awesome job making your own craft mat! I am super impresed with this! It looks like it works great, and the price is definitely right! You are always an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh! What a fabulous idea Gail!!! Your mat good great and very useful too. I will have to keep this in mind for when I need a new mat. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.