Thursday, November 8, 2018

Santa Journal #2

Howdy Crafters ~ I so enjoyed creating my first Santa Journal I decided to do another.  Even though the cover & back are the same [I only added a felt stocking to this one], and new items added including new pages... so,  I mixed things up a bit.

My passion is making Mini - Junk Journals - I so love doing this craft! 

Lindsey L from Nevermore Junk Journals suggested making 2 Junk Journals at the same time - I totally forgot doing that! Make note - it would be easier to have 2 themes going at the same time - or if you want to keep one and gift one - make 2 of the same --- or give those two as gifts.

 A Few QUICK TIP for Creating Junk Journals:  

1. Use gallon size zip lock bags for theme items
2. Print Journal Covers with the backs ahead of time
3. Resize items - journal cards, etc. and save the document to print again later
4. Place theme related embellishments inside the bag.
5. I made parchment paper with food color or acrylic paints - watercolors in large batches
6. Make tags to enter in other challenges that are theme related - then save them for your future junk journals [or cards too] Upcycle!!

This method makes Junk Journaling creating fast and easy for me.
I can easily retrieve items from the bag or go to my file and select the pre-saved printables I would like to use again. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Santa 2 Journal Ingredients
Same cover [front and back] - I put two printables together in Word - resized - to create the cover- for front & back [I usually make my size as follows: 6.125 H x 4.125 W] This is the size I prefer
3D Felt Stocking added to this Journal
Candy Cane Paper Clip for closure of the Journal
Tons of Wording Fussy Cut and glue to pages [Pixel Scrapper]
Scrabble Letters compliments of Paulette Slater
Many Santa Images - some are Journal cards, some are booklets -some are Pockets - TLC, Graphic Fairy, Others
Gossamer Envelope - TLC Envelope
Paper Sack [ purchased in a package from the dollar store]
Guest Check - I added 2 to this Journal - inside front cover and on inside of back cover
Cuttlebug - Die Cuts
Homemade Parchment Papers  {I created}--Patterned Paper strips
Back of Page - TLC Printable: Journal and Handmade by
 TLC Journal and Handmade circle - I changed to color to Blue in Word
 The Night Before Christmas - compliments of Lindsey Zenor
Guest Check on Left
 Love the addition of a paper bag for adding booklets and Journal cards
Like to make pockets with Journal cards as seen on the left and slip in a Journal card
 I received tons of Wording from Pixel Scrapper - love the Snippets
The parchment paper was created by me Acrylic Paints
 The Scrabble Letters are compliments of TLC
I made a bunch and changed the colors in Word



 Gossamer bag by teresa collins
I so went NUTS purchasing a ton of gossamer bags that also had
pockets, and tags in the package for $1 at the Local Party Tree
I could hardly believe this deal - no it was a STEAL!
 The cute santa in red in the Gossamer bag is by TLC - I changed to the color to red
 The Santa on the right with the girl whispering is also TLC
 I love this Parchment Paper with the acrylic paints on the left
A Gingerbread booklet is inserted in the pocket on the Right
Love the Pixel Scrapper Chocolate and lollipop snippets
 Pixel Scrapper word art on left and free cover on right
 This is one of the first pages I finished and already posted
I used my Cuttlebug for the Gingerbread SVG Print N Cut
to make the flap pocket - a Free Christmas Bingo Card was slipped underneath
 My Elf Page on the Left
Gossamer bag on the Right
 Gossamer bag and Santa pocket
Patterned paper used to create the pocket on the left
 I had to re-create the Santa reading with the Snippets
 Fussy cut the Santa on the Left and slipped in a TLC Envelope
 Paper sack with Snippets and on Right reproduced the Christmas List and made a pocket
A previous tag I created was slipped into this pocket - Naught or Nice Bear
 Sam's Club sales a TON of Guest Check for around $10
Guest Check are great for pockets, or stamping on them and cutting out tags
Whatever you can think of! - I made a booklet out of 2 Bingo Cards 
and slipped in the Guest Receipt Pocket
ON the Left is a Santa Golden Book printable
 New items added to this Journal
Entering the Gingerbread booklet on left with Sentiment in CCAYR Challenge
The Naught or Nice Tag was created previously
The Tree Envelope by TLC - Banner slipped into that Envelope
All the booklets on the Left were free from Love's - Thank you Love these!!
I am so grateful and blessed to Loves, TLC, Graphic Fairy, Pixel Scrapper
Santa's and Bingo Cards, Journal Cards in this Journal

I would like to share this Journal n some pages  with:

November Just Keep on Creating Challenge

November CHN Patterned Paper

November CHN Weekly Christmas Challenge UE

November WAW AG #4

 November SS Monday - Create your Own Background -Parchment paper with acrylic Ink #4

November Beccy - 6th Annual Month of  Holiday Cards or Projects Challenge H is for Ho, Ho, Ho

November Christmas Crafts all year Round Gingerbread #3

  FB Printables for your Junk Journal

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the tips for creating the junk journals Gail, they will come in handy for other sorts of projects too. You've done a great job creating these little treasures, I always enjoy seeing what things you've included... very creative!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa has you on his NICE List. Wonderful journal & tips.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful project. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful Santa Journal! It was great reading how you created it too 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful journal! Love all the pages you created! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is another great journal with so many interesting images and details. You are really enjoying making these journals.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at the

    November 2018 Anything goes link-up at Just Keep On Creating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.