Monday, May 7, 2018

Paper Clip Tutorial

Howdy Crafters - After viewing Fit Kitty's Paper Clips she created this week - I decided it was time I created paper clips - since it has been on my bucket list ~ another cross off! hehe.

I have a tutorial in this posting[photo tutorial]  to make a paper clip as see in the photo on the lef and tutorial below. My paper clip uses a Banner Die for the base.

Very quick and easy to make,,,

or you can hop over to Fit Kitty's Blog - Click HERE and see her lovely paper clip creations - she has a link to a video that inspired her to create.

Thanks for dropping by and have a blessed week! ~ Gail ~

My Tutorial for a Banner Paper Clip

Supplies:
Scraps of cardstock - doubled sided cardstock for my paper clip
Lawn Fawn Stitched Banner Die [I used 2 different sizes - one has the sentiment one for the base of my paper clip]
Metal Paper Clip - Glue - Embellishments [I used EK Success Butterfly Punch - Gross Grain Ribbon looped through  the top of the paper clip - Stamplorations Fabulous Clear Stamp - Misti - Versafine Black Ink]

Step 1
Cut the cardstock - this stitched banner die is 6 3/4 inches long.



















Step 2 - fold die cut banner and score



















 Step 3 - use a cutting knife to make a slit for the paper clip















Step 4 - Decide if you want the longer or shorter end of the paper clip on the inside [I inserted my paper clip so the shorter end was inside]  2 photo's showing the paper clip inside and outside before gluing.


















Step 4b - showing shorter end of paper clip inside


















 Step 5 Glue the folded banner to secure the paper clip inside


















Step 6 - Paper Clip is ready to Embellish - this photo shows the back of the homemade paper clip



















Step 6b ~ Finished Clip -  -I ran Organza Ribbon through the loop of the paper clip [optional] - Stamped Fabulous on a smaller Stitched Banner - Butterfly punch.
Finished Paper Clip is 4 1/4 inches long & 3 inches wide


It would be an honor to share my project with these challenges:

Thursday - Cute Card or Projects AG UE
May CHN Patterned paper 
Monday PIP AG #1

Stamploration - Theme and Sketch - no Sketch - Things with Wing Theme Projects

4 comments:

  1. Awesome tutorial, Gail! I love your cute butterfly clip! Also like how you added ribbon to the top; I think I'll do that on my next clips! Thanks for the shout-out too! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial, Gail. I guess we should all be making paper clips! Thanks for sharing this week at the PIP Challenge this week! kReN@ http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting, Gail! Turned out lovely. Thanks for sharing this with the PIP challenge. Happy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation - thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge and we hope you'll join us again next month.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.