Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Skating Christmas Card

I am still making Christmas card - I usually make them all year long - I have a new die set I picked up yesterday while hubby and I made a trip down state. Thanks for stopping by!

 Recipe
Vagabond2
Cardstock: Echo Park for Mat - Snowflakes - White for base and snow - Black for skater - 2 different teals for ice and trees
LF Stitched Rectangle Die
TH Thin Ice Die set - New Set for me
Elizabeth Crafts Double Side tape for snow cuts [this tape is fabulous for those small die cuts
Scotch Foam Tape Behind Skater
Scrap of teal for skate streak
Sizzix Oval Dies - 2 sizes - one for the ice and inside card for sentiment
Memory Box Rubber Stamp Sentiment - Black Ink

Inspired to create by:

Friday Cut It Up - Back in Time - 1920- Found this photo of 1920 Skates for sale - for $117

skates for sale form the 1920 - only $117- looks somewhat like the skates on the die cut - at least to me - so my card is 1920's

Jan CHN Patterned Paper UE-

 Jan CHN #525 Christmas Weekly UE

Monday PIP #2103 - AG 2/3

 Friday Cardz TV AG 3/3

Wed #157 MFT Color Challenge UE

Wednesday - Word Art - AG


 



6 comments:

  1. We watched the (original) Bishop's Wife this holiday season, and your card reminds me of that movie. Yes, the skates certainly look 1920's-ish with their curved fronts. I love the colors on your your card, and that adorable die cut!

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Go Back in Time challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, I love your colour combo here! Just gorgeous! You've got some awesome die-cuts too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour combo, the trees are beautiful and the skater is just perfect on his ice. Love it Gail.
    Funnily enough I saw the same film as Evelyn this season too, ah! memories.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scene and awesome new die set for you! Thanks for playing along at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Donna, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Tim Holtz die cut for the silhouette look. Great pond scene & trees to complete the scenery.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this die set - I have it but I'm not sure I have used it!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
    Susan
    DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.