Monday, March 25, 2019

Christmas Mix Med Tag

Howdy Crafters - Basically - I have lost my MoJo so I am doing what I need to do to get it back - trying something NEW!!

I have been wanting to use the Textured Paste I ordered along with some other supplies I have in my crafting place that have not been opened - so here is what I ended up creating - a Christmas Textured Mixed Media Tag.

My Inspiration came from viewing the blog postings by Anna-Karin - CLICK here to see her lovely Textured Tag -
I only had a handful of the supplies Anna-Karin used, but I am good with the results of my Mixed Media Tag from her inspiration.

I have little patience waiting for things to DRY!   Sometimes, a heat gun is good but other times it is best to WAIT - so I waited...


Recipe
Watercolor Cardstock
Vagabond2 Die Cutting Machine - CUTplorations Stitched Tag Die - largest size
Art Basics Gesso Clear
TH Stencil- Holiday [Joy word and 25 number ]
TH Bubble Stencil [I do not know the name]
Ranger Multi-Medium Gloss to glue down the STAMPlorations Coffee Cup [Thanks A Latte Stamp]
{I stamped the Coffee Cup on patterned Christmas paper - then fussy cut}
Folk Art Acrylic Paints - White, Metallic Green, Red, and Gold
TH Walnut Distress Crackle Paint - this has been around for a long time!!
Rangers Texture Paste Opaque Matte
Misti - Versafine Black ink - Brown Dye Ink
STAMPLorations Caffeinated Christmas Sentiment Stamp
STAMPLorations Coffee word from Framed Coffee Cup Stamp
Snowman Washi Tape - then coated with TH Distress Stickles Clear Rock Candy
Glitter Ribbon

I would like to share with:
Happy Spring Fling Give-Away - coming April 1 - 12 - Coming soon - have you entered?? Visit the Spring Fling Page at STAMPlorations Blog

Monday - Simon Says -  Play with Paint #1
March - #430 CHN Christmas weekly

March Mixed Media - must use a stencil UE



March CHN Patterned paper Challenge - UE

3 comments:

  1. Your mixed media tag came out great Gail! I love all the bits and bobs on it. Well done! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lot of painty fun making your mixed media tag, Gail! Love to hear Anna-Karin inspired you for this project! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome, painty make with us at SImon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tag is gorgeous Gail! I am so happy to hear you were inspired by my post, and had fun with the paste and paint. Thank you so much for your kind words. The texture paste background came out so cool! And I too do not enjoy waiting for things to dry! Sometimes I apply paste just before I go to bed, so that I won't have to wait for it to dry. :) I like the color combo that you used and the fun sentiment. Happy crafting! / Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.