Monday, July 24, 2017

Best Friends

Howdy Crafters - Here is a technique I learned recently - take a stamp - use Versamark Embossing ink - stamp it on watercolor paper - then get out those watercolors and start coloring. Add Distress inks along with the water colors if you wish- I created my own background with water colors as well... I am liking these two girlfriends - arm in arm taking a walk toward the lake [yes one is in jeans and the other is wearing a dress]  ~ thanks for dropping by - blessings, Gail

Recipe
White cardstock for base of card
Black Cardstock for mat
Spellbinders Rectangle Dies
Cuttlebug
Watercolor Cardstock for stamping image
Pearlescent Watercolors
Versamark Embossing ink to stamp the Best Friends Clear Stamp on card - Heat gun used to quickly dry the watercolors so I could stamp the sentiment - Best Friends with the Misti,  and finish up the card.  The Cloud is a Fiskar punch used for masking.

 It would be an honor to share with
July 30 PIP 1730 AG #2
July 30 Simon Says Monday - You've Got the Edge - Black cardstock is my edge also on the white cardstock is an embossed edge#2
July 31DLArtThankful Thursday 1 per day
Aug 1 WAW AG #282-#293

6 comments:

  1. Like the wonderful artsy look of this. Reminds me of fond memories of growing up E coast of FL. No lake near me here in Central TX.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique Gail, your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun technique and I am happy you are enjoying it. Thanks for sharing with us on the PIP challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card! The colors are so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for joining us at the PIP Challenges this week. Hope to see you again soon and good luck! kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet watercolor card. You did a fabulous job on this new technique. Thanks so much for sharing with us, Gail. It always means a lot to me, and I appreciate your creativity being shared with us. Have a fabulous week!
    God bless you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.