I think it turned out pretty good for my first try -I wanted a round bag for my quart of popcorn I give to my family at Christmas - thanks for stopping by and be blessed! ~ Gail~
Recipe for Round Bag
2 pieces of Debbie Mum's Christmas Paper 12 x12 inches
Glue Gun or Glue - Scor-Pal or other scoring tool -
Jute or ribbon for handle - Hole Punch - Recycled cardboard - cardstock - Sizzix Circle Die 4 inches in diameter
I glued a 2 inch strip of paper from one sheet of Debbie Mum's Christmas Paper to another matching 12 x 12 paper to make a 14 x 12 inch size of paper
So you need a 12 x 14 sheet of paper to make this round gift bag
Scor-Pal: with the 14 inch length at the top of scor-pal score 3/4 inches [this will be used to glue the sides together]
With the 12 inch side at the top of Scor-Pal - score 1 inch for the top of bag and at the other end, score 2 1/2 for the bottom of bag
1. Burnish all score lines
2. Cut 1 inch x 12 inch length cardstock piece to glue down to the one inch score area at the top of the paper - you will be gluing this inside the paper - glue it down with in the score line, then add more glue on top of the cardstock - fold it down to the inside of the bag area and glue down - this will reinforce the hole punches and the Jute as the handle
2. Glue sides together - I add glue to the 3/4 inch scored area and place it on top of the other edge to glue it down
3.I folded the bottom paper inside and then fiddled with it to make a rounded bottom - I do not know how to explain this since it is rounded - I just mess around with it until all the holes were closed when looking from inside the bag at the bottom paper. To see how it looks from the outside look at number 5 photo - I realize it is not pretty- I need to figure out how to make this look neater.
4. I cut two pieces of recycled cardboard circles using a Sizzix circle die that measures 4 inches in diameter - glued them together and then added glue on one side and glued inside the bag bottom.
|Recycled cardboard glued down inside the round bag|
5. Next I glued the outside of the bottom of the bag.
|Bottom of bag - I need to work on this and make it look neater|
6. I used We R Memory Keepers Hole Punch and punched two holes at the top of the bag where I added additional cardstock previously for reinforcement - I added jute at both ends and knotted it inside.
Tag - Sizzix Tag Die - Kraft Cardstock - Memory Box New Castle Snowflake - White Cardstock - Clear Moon Drop Gem - Bakers Twine from the Kraft Outlet Store - Clear Dollar Stamps Sentiment - Sizzix Snowflake Stamp - Rangers Black Archival Ink
Quart of Popcorn added to the bag
It would be an honor to enter these challenges:
Jan 6 Not Just Cards AG UE
Jan 2 Sweet Stamps AG UE
Dec 29 Memory Box Season Greeting #7 UE Large Coffee Cup Die
Dec 30 Just Keep on Creating AG UE
Dec 30 CHNC Extra December UE AG
Dec 20 Crafting Desert Diva Linky Party Christmas UE
Dec 30 CHN Patterned Paper UE
Dec 18 CHNC Weekly Christmas UE
Dec 19 Sweet Stamps Anything but a Card UE
Dec 30 WAW AG with Sentiment #3
Dec 22 Simon Says Wed Die Crazy #2