Monday, September 28, 2015

Rustic Car in the Woods

Hi Crafters:
I learned a new technique from Frenchie's video today called Woodland Embossing. I am calling my card - Rustic Car in the Woods.  I see where I need to perfect the technique  a bit - but I am happy with how this turned out - it is art - and now since I created this car behind these tree creation, my head is spinning to try other types of background stamping with embossing folders. Thanks for stopping by and hope you give this a try! Enjoy your day.  ~ Gail ~
For this Technique - visit Frenchi HERE
Recipe
Green cardstock mat
White cardstock for embossing
Darcie Burch Tree Embossing Folder
MFP Car Stamp
Studio G Ink - I could not find my Memento Ink
Powderpuff Chalking Ink for birch tree - first Bloody Mary and then Amaretto
[because I grabbed the wrong ink the first time - you make it work!]
Powderpuff Chalking Ink - Blue Hawaiian for sky background
Powderpuff Chalking Ink - Green with Envy for grass background
MS Markers for coloring
MS Grey Ink for going over the top of car
TH - Sizzix Be Thankful Stamp/Die with the BE word left off - and die cut - scrap of Kraft Cardstock
Snug Hug seam binding turned into crinkle ribbon using TH Tea Dye Distress ink and water - give sit a Ombre look

It will be an honor to share with these challenges:
9/30 Sweet Stamps AG UE 
9/30 Simon Says Tim Holtz Exclusive Stamps UE 
10/4 Scrapy Land - Ch#26 add an image rubber or digital - car - using Sizzix Die UE 
10/4 Simon Says Monday - Ombre - the Ribbon 2 of 5
 Oct 6 - Oct 30 Just Keep on Creating AG

4 comments:

  1. Darling card, Gail! Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! Hope you will join us again! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever to have the image in the background! Beautiful technique and card. Thanks for playing along with us at the Ombre challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great design, love the car behind, a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The woofland embosding looks great, always fun learning a new technique. Thanks so much dor sharing your card at Anything goes just keep on creating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.