Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Vintage Lion Card

Today I decided to challenge myself by making one card that fit several card challenges. My normal routine is to make a card and then see what challenges they might fit. It could be that many Crafters do it the way I tried today. To me, it was a CHALLENGE. I am not sure I will try that again - that was a LOT of thinking
RECIPE
Sketch from Paper Take Weekly
Papers - Recollection Animal Kingdom & DCWV Heirloom
Vintage Lion Digital Stamp compliments of Create with TLC (I cut two and put the top one on pop up tape by Forever in Time) and then put pop-up tape on the combined creation
Birthday Stamp by Nikki Sivils
Inks by Colorbox
Liquid Spray pearls on the Lion by Rangers
3 brown pearls by Recollections
ENTERED IN
Paper Take Weekly - sketch
365 Card Challenge Day 244 (Five requirements -5x5 card, 4 pattern papers, 3 embellishments, 2 stamps, 1 sentiment)
Simple Salutations Speedy TV Challenge #17 - Cats - domestic cats
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes but include an uplifting message (Happy Birthday)
Penny's Paper Craft Challenge - Birthday
Just Keep on Creating - anything goes
The Pink Elephant - Vintage
Paper Playtime - anything goes
Simon Says stamp and show -just add pearls
Thank you for dropping by today - have a great week and keep on crafting! ~ Gail ~

11 comments:

  1. Hi Gail! You sure are creative, my friend. I love your lion, and am so thankful that you've shared it in our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Hope you are doing well, keeping crafty, and that all is peaceful and blessed in your neck of the woods. My boys return from hunting this evening, so I've got a big pot of chili going and will pop some cornbread in the oven later. Thanks for sharing, and hope to see you again real soon!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your choice of King of the Jungle Lion for your card. The background paper compliments the safari look. Thanks for entering MFP Simple Salutations Ch#17 Cat Wild or Domestic.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    MFP Simple Salutations Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome card! I was drawn in by the dimension. And I love that hat on the lion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hat! Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Lovely touch of the hat on the lion! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty Card...Thanks for joining us at Pennys.
    Hugs,
    Shilpi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Gail :-) the image is beautiful and the colours are fab,,, love the colourful hat too, he looks very dapper :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card!! Fab work with this wonderful lion image!! Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at Word Art Wednesday. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a neat card with this lion image! I love the warm colors and that sassy hat. ;) Thank you for joining in on the fun this week at The Pink Elephant's vintage/shabby challenge!
    ~*Joni TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job with your challenges! Your lion takes center stage-love the hat!

    Thanks for playing with us @ Word Art Wednesday!
    I pray God richly blesses you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and I love the hat on your lion!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.