Monday, October 8, 2012

MCC Challenge #1 - The gh'oul times! DT Inspiration

THEME: Halloween
Here's what I made for the challenge:
MY FIRST DESIGN TEAM POST!  
I am excited to join Nana's Design Team at
MCC  My Crafting Channel

I am always encouraging my grandchildren to drink WATER - This year they will each get a decorated Halloween bottle of water (and yes, some candy) from grandma & grandpa for Halloween.

Did you know we need to drink at least EIGHT - 8 ounce glasses of water each day to keep hydrated? (Some people need more water based on their weight and if they drink coffee.)  Dr Oz recommends we drink one cup of water for every cup of coffee we drink to replace the fluids in our body that are lost from drinking coffee. 

This is an easy project to create:
1.One water bottle - I am using AquaFina brand water but you can use any brand you like
2. Card -stock of your choice - I used Ghost and Goblins by DCWV - measure circumference of the bottle - this bottle is 9 inches - and I cut the card stock 2 1/4 inches wide x 9 inches long  - adhere with Scotch tape.
3.Friskers Scallop punch was used for the tag - orange card-stock by Recollections
4.Black Stickabilities lettering was used to adhere TAY (Taylor is my granddaughter) - Tay is her nickname.
5.A piece of black ribbon was used for a bow adhered to the bottle with a pop dot by Forever in Time.
Done ~ this could be an alternative to Halloween Candy as well - cost for just one water bottle (a case at Sam's Club has 32 bottles) is around 14 cents a bottle.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. 
To enter this challenge, visit MCC and see what Rhonda, Migdalia, and Melissa created to give you inspiration!  
Have a great day! ~ Gail ~
Entered in:
Just Keep on Creating - anything goes
PaperPlaytime - die cut or punch (I used a punch)


4 comments:

  1. Adorable Idea!!!I am a water drinker.I agree with you ans thastwhy I always carry a bottled water with me..but now I am going to Decor it.
    TFS...Very pretty!
    Migdalia
    MCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and useful project kids will love it. Thanks for linking up over ar
    MCC Challenge #1 - The gh'oul times!


    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sneaky way to get something healthy in there! The kids will love that it's decorated and won't be concerned that it's "just" water! :)
    Glad to be with you on the team!

    ~Melissa
    www.mywatermelonmoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea and I am all about the water. ha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.