Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Deer Card

As the deer panteth for the water, so my soul longeth after Thee. One of my favorite Christian songs. Today I created a card with a deer head - this card will go to my son, Benjamin, who is a hunter.
RECIPE
* Deer head digital stamp from Free Vintage Digital Stamps  I cut it out twice and put pop up tape between the digi's - inked it with brown MS ink
* Tim Holtz branch twigs die cut
*MS inks - black and brown
* Winter Woods by Rubber Stampede
*EK - Real-Estate Punch
*Sentiment - I created in my Scrapbook Max program
*Ribbon by Celebrate it
*Tissue tape Marketplace by Tim Holtz 
*Red & Green papers - Recollection
*Plaid Christmas paper unknown - from my scrap stash
*Friskers border punch- Christmas Flaking Out
* Black Micron pen for the tree accent
Entered in:
365 Card Challenge #235 - Super Sketchy Sunday
A Twist of Faith - Animals 
Just Keep on Creating - anything goes 
Word Art Wednesday
Thank you for dropping by today - have a great week! ~ Gail ~


11 comments:

  1. Love the outdoor feel, great job! Thanks for joining 365 Super Sketchy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail: Did you see that you (and I and Pam) are Top 3 winners at Twist of Faith? Woo Hoo! You can add the Top 3 badge to your sidebar, and you need to email her to claim your prize. Way to go, and I'm so honored to be in the Top 3 with you and Pam. Pam is one of the gals I told you to visit and get to know. She'd love to have you as a follower if you aren't already!
    Also, girl....you need to share this beautiful card at Word Art Wednesday. You are welcome to add up to 5 cards per week, and we would LOVE having you share them.
    Blessings,
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful woodland creation, Gail... I love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing at Twist of Faith... and 'yay' for being first past the post!
    hugs and blessings,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is such a creative interpretation of the sketch! I like it very much.

    Thank you for playing along with us at the 365 Cards blog Super Sketchy Sunday. Til next time!

    Cheers,
    DT Jenny
    http://cookieadventures.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great design and lay-out. Made me want to sing that old song "As the Deer"...Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday.

    Hugs always,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun mix of elements, many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful card! Congrats on winning at Twist of Faith! So glad you shared with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card and i love that deer :)

    Rose 365 Cards DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. I love your deer and love the sentiment too :)

    Thanks for joining us over at 365cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, and I really like the verse you used. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Twist of Faith. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful card and love your details here!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.