Thursday, October 11, 2012

Black & White

This week at Joan's Gardens, challenge 37 is to create a card with only Black and White.

Joan's Gardens Challenge is a weekly challenge I like to enter. She always gets me thinking about what to create and Selma provides a wonderful sample of the elements required.
Here is what you need to do for Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge #37
  • Create a card with three narrow strips
  • Use a square
  • Use only black and white
  • Use some polka dots
  • Use flowers
Recipe for my card:
1. Pre-made white cardstock Joann's Essential Value Pack Card - size A2
2. DCWV black & white polka-dot paper - 3 strips cut 1 inch each
3. Black & white flower paper - unknown cut in a square
4. Spellbinders Blossom #3 (one of my favorite dies) for the white & black flowers/leaves
5. Recollection - 3 pearls
6. Key compliments of Shery K Designs - (thank you Shery K!) two cuts - one used with pop-up tape strips by Forever-in-time
7. MS black ink for the white flower

This is my first time making BLACK flowers - and I think they turned out pretty nice. I do like Black & White on cards, as well.
Entered in: Simon Says - Die Cut and/or punches
Thank you for stopping by today ~ Have a great week and keep on crafting! ~ Gail ~

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and great design! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your take on the challenge Gail. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us for our challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail, great job on your card and your flower. I love it that you are enjoying making flowers.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.